Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Summer Lovin'!

It is currently minus 20-something degrees celsius...which is, I think, -4 degrees farenhiet (I count on you guys to correct me if I got that all backward). Either way you slice it, it's cold. And it's snowing like a sonovagun! Yes, I've lived in Canada my whole life and I know what winter is all about. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. I find no joy in frosty fingertips and wearing layers of clothing in my own home. 
Which is why I've decided to post summer images until Winter is over! I drew this Black Canary piece with the hopes of selling it at a store signing. It's been a while since I've drawn pin-up girls, I've been so busy with Super Friends and my other illustration work. 

I'm going to enjoy drawing bathing beauties while outside it blizzards. 



Jay Amabile said...

this is classic. it's very funny and features 2 of my fav characters!

Brian said...


Where and when is that store signing?


Jason Chalker said...

Nice! Let the pin-up parade begin!

j. said...

Jay - Cool. Two of my favourites, too.

Brian - Ah, the store signing was last November. But I've still got the piece and quite a few more I did. I'll carry them around with me when I'm hitting conventions this summer (which ones, I don't know yet).

Jason - Strike up the band!


Paul Conrad said...

OH MAN! J, that's lots of laughs! (looks great too.)


S said...

thanks J!

Calavera Kid said...

HAHA - i love it!

Dominic Bugatto said...

Nice one!